Thursday, December 06, 2007






What am I gonna do now?




One of my fishin partners (from The Old Geezer Club) called me the other night to give me the latest on the lake we like to fish at in Florida. Due to the extreme lack of rain the hydrillas have taken over. Thats them lily pad looking things. He told me you cant even launch your boat now! Since pecan season is over & cold weather is settin in, it will soon be time to white perch fish. My thoughts are drifting to the fun Danny & I have in the up-coming seasons....like white perch fishin & turkey hunting! Spring brings Bass fishin! Dawg I'm ready to go somewhere! There is another lake we can fish at in Florida but the place we use to stay at burned down....so I just dont know what we are gonna do about our fishin. Well we still have a little while to study on it all. In the mean time I have a little 9 week old package in my lap that will keep me busy. Boy it will be exciting when she is old enough to go with her Meme & Papa on some of their outdoor adventures!

9 comments:

Jen said...

I'm sure you little one will get a fishing pole for Christmas.....she is very lucky as you both are too.

dot said...

Tina, it's COLD up here today. Too cold to even think about fishing.

Kelli said...

Um, it looks like you'll be having crocodile for dinner, Tina! LOL

Kelli

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I ever mentioned it or not but we got acquainted with an old Georgia Pecan Farmer years ago. I suspect he has passed on now as he had moved to a kind of rest home where he could get daily care. Anyway, he had a pecan grove and harvested them each year and sent us a bag full. Sometimes he would also send a bag of onions.

His name is, "Coates Brown." His address was or still is: Columbus, Georgia 31907. My wife thinks he might have passed on but there is an outstanding possibility that you might know him or may have heard that name. We think he was actually retired military.

He was interested in handwriting and calligraphy and we were in that business at the time and sent supplies all over the world.

We were looking at some of his old letters and he was 76 in 1986 so he would be 97 years old if still alive.

He was the Big Bore Rifle Champion in 1939, and he beat out a field of 3,672 people who started the contest and 2027 finished. The shooting contest was from 1,000 yards. They used the old 1903 Springfield rifle.

Hope you might have known him.

Andrea said...

I would run the other way. FAST!

Coy Hill said...

Fishing - Up here in Pa I start gearing up in January but our water usually isn't open until mid March to early April, you are lucky!

That is one nice bass in your pic but the gator would put up a better fight :)

Isadora said...

:) Looks to me like you two know how to enjoy your blessings.

Galla Creek said...

I hope they keep an eye out for those lily pads that might snap.

Viola said...

Hope you find a good place for fishing. My husband and I stopped fishing by the end of October because of cold weather. Perch likes earthworms. Enjoy fishing.