Wednesday, December 05, 2007






I ran into two Pennsylvania brothers at Mama's blog last week. http://countrycaptures.blogspot.com/ http://pawildlifephotographer.blogspot.com/
They both love wildlife photography & have some interesting views on hunting. I love to hunt....if its actually hunting. It appears their state is having a managed hunt on the Elk there. These guys are raising some pretty good questions about the hunting in PA. Anyway, these fellas have some NICE NICE PHOTOS that really make me jealous! My two recent posts show some of the Elk pictures I took last year at Catalooche Valley, North Carolina. Danny & I went during the pre-rut season. It was raining the first day we went but immediately we heard the Bulls bugling! TV does not do them justice! It is an awesome sound! The scrape on the tree caused Danny & I to do a double take! You just don't see stuff like that in South Georgia! It was an experience I will never forget & a reminder of how Great GOD is! He made those big-ole beasts! AMAZING!!
Sorry fellas....I am a blogging idiot & cant figure out how to get your web addresses to do right! My Mama will come & fix it for me when she reads this post!! LOL!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Hey Tina! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. It's wonderful to hear from you again...I missed you! Hope you can visit OFT soon. :o)

Great photos, too. I've never been hunting being the city kid that I am but do understand those who hunt respectfully like you do. My grandfather was a good hunter and trapper and even was a guide during the Depression.

dot said...

Tina, I showed you how to do that!!! I don't have your information any more so I can't fix it.
Good pictures!

Coy Hill said...

Thanks so much!

You have some really good shots of the NC elk! They are an awesome animal and I totally agree with you about their bugling!

Yes, Willard and I do have some question about the way Pa is conducting the elk hunt. I have hunted since I was a pup and continue to this day. Hunting done the right way is a great way to spend some quality time and add to the family larder.

You as a female hunter are in the minority but your ranks are growing. When I first began working for the PA Game Commission encountering a female hunter was quite rare but in the last few years it had become quite common.

Andrea said...

Mama Dot can do wonders. I think I would be scared to death if I saw those big beasts out in the woods. LOL Beautiful pictures.

Willard said...

Tina,
Thanks for the links and the good comments. I like your elk pictures a lot too! I am glad that you have had the opportunity to experience these animals first hand. I was to Cataloochee once.

Whitetail deer and Elk are my favorite wild animals. I find the elk especially impressive with the tremendous bugling. A close encounter with a monster bull definitely gets ones attention!

lv2scpbk said...

Wonderful photos. Visiting from Salty Dawg's site.