Friday, August 31, 2007







MUCH HAPPENINGS here......
The pecan crop is coming on nicely but we are not counting our nuts until they are hatched....and bagged up! The pests & diseases have been a pain & a lot of work but maybe it will be a good crop in the end. This is considered an "ON" year for pecan growers so I am a little worried about prices. BUT we will rob that train when it gets here. In the mean time the hospital I work at is MIGHTY BUSY right now. For the past 2 years, construction has been going on for our new facility. On September the 22nd we will move in!! I spent most of the day Wednesday touring & inservicing there. It is beautiful!! You can see a picture of our old one story hospital & then a picture of our new FOUR STORY hospital!! BLING-BLING!! I am so excited! The equipment is really state of the art and the decorating is beautiful! We have outgrown our old hospital & it is very outdated. Now I am thrilled that the facility will match our care which I believe is FOUR STAR! Our community is very blessed with excellent health care workers & now a nice new updated facility.

11 comments:

Jen said...

Just like your title....Blessings in the South.....yes you are very blessed. The pecan crop looks great....I cant believe it is already here.

Anonymous said...

Well that is an interesting post and good for you with the new hospital. And, the pecan harvest should be good, you say. We used to have an old gentleman who lived in your state who had a pecan grove and sent us pecans every year. Eventually he entered a nursing home and sold the family farm and I assume he as passed on. I thought of him when I read your bit about pecans.

Then I saw your post about hummers and that reminded me about what I have been doing for two or three days. I think I took about 500 or more photos of several hummers here yesterday and again this morning, a few more. Some are stunning shots. But the point is that we have the same situation here. We have one dominate male and another male who is constantly testing him. Then at least two females they allow to drink sometimes. We also have three feeders and got that many hoping they would be less likely to dive bomb each other but it didn't make any difference at all. Now the dominate male dominates all three feeders.

I have a stunning photo of him.

Thank you for coming to brookville daily photo. I appreciate your visit.

dot said...

Tina, I hope you have lots and lots of pah cons and I hope I never ever have to go to that hospital!

Galla Creek said...

Ohhhh, love pecan pie.

Kelli said...

That looks like a lot of pecans, Tina!! Your new hospital looks great too!! Ok, now I feel bad that you have to work on the day I tell everyone my secret. Maybe you should email me for my phone
number. :0)

Kelli

Betty said...

Yaaaaahhhhh, Tina, I'm so happy for you and for your patients....

Your trees really look full...ours do right now......some green ones are falling as usual but looks like a good crop.......

Marci said...

The pecan crop looks great to me. May the Lord grant you a bountiful harvest!!!

I am sure you are very excited to get into new facilities at the hospital.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Tina Oh, my! Look at those pecans...lucky girl you. Did you see my pecan pie muffins? You need to make some of those! Hope your crop is overflowing.

Rhoda

Clara....in TN said...

Tina, the pecans look great! And the hospital also. Congrats on both!!!!

Lori said...

I'm glad your pecan crop is doing well. You are blessed.

Galla Creek said...

It is nice to work in a new, clean place. I know your work is difficult and hope you can continue.

Erin is often exhausted at the end of her shift.