Sunday, June 25, 2006



I have been pre-occupied with some things in my life lately so blogging has been on the back burner. Thought I would share with you another one of my treasures. This is a cigar purse that was made by my Mentor from church. She has made several and I have coveted every one of them! For my birthday she gave me this one. I used it for a while but then I became afraid of messing it up...so I keep it on one of my end tables in my living room now. I really love the purse but I love the one who gave it to me much more! We really developed a wonderful relationship. I do not get to see her now as often as I would like. My schedule has prevented it but we get to talk from time to time and I am thankful for that. Even though the box was a holder for something I detest....its transformation into a purse is now a witness to me of a godly woman who was willing to give up time with her family to become my spiritual mentor. It is also a reminder of how God can take a persons messed up life no matter how ugly and hopeless and turn it into something beautiful and of worth!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really sweet. I have a mentor at my church. She is so kind to me to take time when I need spiritual guidance as she is sooo busy in her life. It is wonderful when sisters can encourage one another and mentor one another :o)

Reviekat said...

I just love your stories of the influential women in your life! You are so very blessed. :) Revee

Kelli said...

Your mentor sounds like a wonderful lady! I've been thinking about you this week and hope you are feeling well. I've really missed chatting with you. ((HUGS))
Kelli

patsy said...

glad to see new post.

Clara....in TN said...

Tina, that is beautiful!!! Aren't we blessed to have people we can look up to and get close to?
(P.S. We loved Tybee Island)

Anonymous said...

Tina, Tina, Tina, You have to update this page more often. It doesn't have to be much, just give us something to read!! I have no idea how long it takes to download the pictures but maybe just some pictures of your everyday doings. LOve you! your mother

Kelli said...

I agree with your mom Tina! I love your blog and I hope with your new work schedule you are able to post more often. I so enjoy the things you share with us.
Kelli