Monday, August 10, 2009

TODAY IS SANDRA'S BIRTHDAY!
For more Happy Homemaker Monday, visit Sandra & give her birthday wishes!








THE WEATHER IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS:
97 degrees with a heat index of 104! I hate this heat!

ONE OF MY SIMPLE PLEASURES:
When Little Package comes over she always sleeps (All critics keep your comments to yourself, lol) with Meme & Poppa and has since she was 1 month old. I love this. The time we spend together right before she goes to sleep has always been a bonding time for us. Also seeing that sweet little face in the mornings is better than a life time of free chocolate!

ON MY BEDSIDE TABLE:
Victoria magazine's new September/October issue. I love this magazine & read it from front to back. This issue is full of everything FALL....just what I need to get through the remaining Dog Days of Summer!

ON MY TV:
Nothing. Watched the season finale of Burn Notice yesterday. Got the DVR set to record The Closer tonight.

ON THE MENU FOR TONIGHT:
Beef stew & rice. Biscuits. Maybe some purple hulls.

ON MY TO DO LIST:
Bring the laundry in from the clothes line.
Pack clothes for weekend getaway.
Get a wedding gift for my cousin.
Try to keep the house clean. (I cant stand to leave the house in a mess when we go away)

NEW RECIPE I TRIED LAST WEEK:
Sandra's Spicy Bacon Chicken....I think that was last week. Good stuff!

IN THE CRAFT BASKET:
What basket? lol!

LOOKING FORWARD TO:
This weekend at the Coast,
My cousin's wedding,
Being with Family,
Working in ICU full time soon.

HOMEMAKING TIP FOR THIS WEEK:
My Aunt E use to make her sweet tea very strong in a 1/2 gallon picture, not diluting it with water until you wanted a glass. She would fill your glass with ice and about 1/4 to 1/2 full with the tea & then filled your glass the rest of the way with water. That way the tea lasted longer and you didn't have a huge jug of it in your frig taking up space.

FAVORITE BLOG POST OF THE WEEK:
I didn't really have one...it seems everyone has been on vacation!

FAVORITE PHOTO LAST WEEK:











LESSON LEARNED THE PAST FEW DAYS:
I don't care what you do, how much the A/C runs, or how much it rains....it is HOT here & nothing is going to change that but time! Hurry up Fall!

ON MY PRAYER LIST:
Always my family...we have so much to be thankful for but much to pray about!

DEVOTIONALS,SCRIPTURE READING,KEY VERSES:
When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was. John 11:16

10 comments:

Michele said...

ok what is purple hulls? That picture of the bunny is so cute love it. I too have to say what basket lol

Thanks for stopping by site. Visit again.
~Michele

dot said...

I remember Aunt E's tea! Thanks for reminding me. Hope you have a fun time on your week-end trip. Call me next week and tell me all about it.

Kari said...

love the picture - what an in the moment shot.
I love watching Brenda Lee Johnson in the Closer - although I do have to watch a day later.
Have a great weekend getaway.

Lora said...

I totally understand how nice it is letting little ones share your bed. We co-slept with both of our babies until they got to the point where they wanted to have more space (around a year). It's so precious having all that cuddling time. :)

Jessie Geroux said...

see I guess one thing us AZ folk have is the whole "dry heat" thing--but I am with you lady hurry up fall! Enjoy your trip to the coast that sounds lovely and OMG that shot of the owl in the post below this--um yeah it creeped me out a lot LOL!!

Sparky said...

I love the name you've given, I guess your daughter (?), Little Package. That is adorable!

We have lots of bunny wabbits here too. There's a big buck rabbit living out near our workshop. :)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I enjoyed reading all your thoughts on this. I've got to remember to look for the new Victoria magazine.

Katherine

Jen said...

Great list my friend. I enjoyed reading this. I'm looking forward to fall as well...but still enjoying the last days of summer..

Sandra said...

I can't believe I'm SO late commenting on this post. LOL

I'm sorry Tina Leigh, it's been a crazy week.

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Hi Tina,
Thanks for your visit to my blog, and your sweet comments on my tea cart!

Katherine