Tuesday, February 17, 2009

CAYLEE ANTHONY'S GRANDPARENTS



I know you all are familiar with the Caylee Anthony missing/murder story.

Last night on Nancy Grace, she aired the recorded visit of George & Cindy Anthony with their daughter Casey, a visit at the jail. This story hits a nerve with me. I think it is because of us having Little Package in our lives.

Danny & I have watched this story together & we both get very emotional about it. Folks, you never know what is gonna happen in your life! This could be one of us going through this.

These grandparents are mourning the loss of their granddaughter & dealing with the fact that their own child may have murdered their grand baby! Things like this happens all the time. Your kids screw up...even murder!

What I am trying to say is......my heart is broken for the Anthony's. You can see they are descent folks and are completely broken! I am broken for them.

I woke up this morning with them on my mind. Every time I hear anything about this story I find myself praying for them but since last night...after watching them visit their daughter....I just feel more of a burden to pray for them.

Will yall do the same, when ever you think of it, if you see something on TV about them, will you pray for those folks. I feel there is nothing more anyone else could do that would help them more than to lift them up to God.

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weakness. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but THE SPIRIT HIMSELF MAKES INTERCESSION FOR US WITH GROANINGS WHICH CAN NOT BE UTTERED. Romans 8:26

picture copyright from OrlandoSentinel.com

5 comments:

Jen said...

You know I felt this way for the Jon Benet Ramsey case...remember that one? I was pregnant with Madison and I remember standing at the ironing board listening the morning they aired it....I was broken for them all.
I do feel for this family. I'm not sure what they are going through...I cannot imagine actually.
I will join you and pray for their strength....

Clara....in TN said...

This is a sad situation, Tina. I have been watching a little of it, but I find I cannot sleep after watching. Prayers are always said for this family.
I like the new look of your blog. I haven't been here in a while. Little package is so cute and growing so much. Aren't grandchildren precious. So much love in your heart for them.
Hope you are feeling better from "the bug."

Unknown said...

It is terrible they really need alot of prayers!

I want to thank you for all the nice comments about Andrew and you know there will be more pictures for sure!

Anonymous said...

HI Tina, I always come to visit you after I read your comments on Kelli's blog. This is my first time to comment on one of your posts.

I thank-you for reminding us that we all need to keep "everyone" in our prayers at all times.....the innocent people and the not so innocent. Even the mother of this little child needs prayer to come forth and tell the truth and let the healing begin.

Have a good day. Love, Debbi

Tina Leigh said...

Thanks Debbi for your comment....yep the whole family needs prayer along with Casey. All I can think about is that could be my husband and I going thru something like that. We have grown children & they are not perfect. People make mistakes....murder....hate to think of one of my sons doing something like that but things happen. I bet the Anthony's didnt think their daughter would ever murder much less murder their own grandchild. It breaks my heart!