Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11, 2001. I was working at a home care agency and had to go in early to do a supervisory visit with an aide and the patient that morning. After finishing with the visit I had a good bit of time to kill before my office was to open so I decided to go and visit my friends at the dialysis center. Several of us were in the break room where the TV was on. I remember looking up and seeing the report and the picture of the first attack on the tower. Everyone quit talking and was watching. It was just a little after 8 in the morning. Then the second one took place. I was scared to death. I left the dialysis center and went strait to my office to find my secretary standing my the radio. The office next door had a TV but they were not open yet. I started calling my husband who worked on Ft. Stewart at the time. I remember telling him to get off the base and go home. He was not aware of the attacks yet. It wasn't long and the other attacks took place. I called my husband back and at this point Ft. Stewart's security was on high alert. My husband and his company was sent home eary, I was so thankful. Who knows if there would be more attacks. So many thoughts ran through our minds at work. I was blessed to have a very wise and Godly secretary who kept a positive outlook. I still have trouble understanding the nature of such an act.....for a god that says you can have heaven if you kill other innocent people!? Oh I am so thankful for my Jesus because HE died for me and every other human being born into this world, so that with faith, believing that God, The I am, sent His son Jesus to die once on the cross as the ONLY PERFECT sacrifice to cover all my sin..past, present, and future so that I may inherit Salvation in the Kingdom of Heaven!! Oh yes God, King Jesus IS in control and He allowed the attacks to take place. We may never know why...but I can tell you one thing I have learned through it all ........there are thousands of people who dont know Jesus Christ as the Savior and they are dying every day. Oh Lord help me to feel your Holy Spirit when I encounter someone who does not know you and give me the courage to tell them of your love! 9-11 is a day of remembrance but it is also a day to remind us of His love, Grace (getting what I dont deserve) and His Mercy (Not getting what I do deserve)!

8 comments:

dot said...

A beautiful post Tina.

Reviekat said...

Beautiful post, Tina!

Jenn said...

Rembering with you.......

Clara....in TN said...

You said it very well. Thanks.

Marci said...

Nice post Tina. We do need to remember.

patsy said...

dear girl, satan is the ruler on this earth at this time, Jesus The king will rule when he sets up his kingdom on earth.

Anonymous said...

Great post..I really enjoyed.
Jen@a good cup of coffee

Kelli said...

Wonderful post Tina!!!!
Kelli