Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It is a glorious day here! When Danny & I first got up we observed some beautiful new birds visiting around the feeders. I wish I had a picture but they were so small I couldn't have ever gotten close enough for a shot. According to my bird book they were Inigo Buntings.

As we opened the door to the front porch we were greeted with a brilliant sunrise and the sweet smell of honey suckle.







I am sitting on the porch now. I wish you all could be here with me drinking a cup of fresh ground coffee and enjoying the show GOD has put on for me this morning.

The doves are who-whoing and cooing. I am watching a red tail hawk playing in the orchard. He is dipping from tree to tree occasionally chasing another bird.

A humming bird is coming back and to to the feeder here close to me.

The pecan trees have budded out all through the orchard. They are gorgeous!








The dew is dripping off the house in the most relaxing way. Now a wood pecker is drumming in a tree to my right.

I see a squirrel off in the orchard scurrying on the ground. Fun to watch the little fella but my advice to him is "pack up an move before Danny sees ya"!!

The air is crisp and cool, just right for porch sitting.

"Two things I ask of you O LORD, do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise I may have too much and disown you and say Who is the LORD? Or I may become poor and steal and so dishonor the name of my GOD."

I feel rich this morning but these riches have HIS name all over them! I could not disown HIM for if I did I would disown these riches before me this morning!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How beautiful I love the smell of honeysuckles...

dot said...

Wow Tina! That is a beautiful post. The trees really look good and I can almost hear the birds singing.

Sandra said...

It was like I was RIGHT there with you. I loved this post :)

Screwed Up Texan said...

Just had to comment and say that I love pecan orchards! They remind me of my days in San Saba, Texas (Pecan Capitol of the World) where I was first introduced to their majesty. Beautiful! Unfortunately, I dont live there any longer, but I have two mature trees in my front yard that should produce a bountifully this fall.

Angela said...

The pictures and your words are beautiful! I loved this post and it's nice to check in with my bloggy friends again! =) Little Package is adorable in the Easter post too!

Reviekat said...

What beautiful scenery God has put around you! I can just smell the honeysuckle. :)

Revee